Tuesday 12 July 2011

With or Without Me*


Mark 1:29-45
Crowds follow Jesus everywhere for healing and hearing his teaching. He takes time out to go away by himself for prayer. They find him and bring him back to more work.

Somehow, between my daughter’s travels & my son’s trying to get work and my own initiatives the Summer is half over and I don’t have a real vacation scheduled. I have one short trip coming up, and the drive to Minnesota – but no good solid block of days to rest and revitalize.

I keep a fairly solid daily prayer routine, with time apart most mornings – but that’s not the same as really getting away. Once Labor Day is over the calendar is packed solid for the fall; to have the energy to do my best I know I need time apart for re-creation.

This is just one of those facts of life whether or not the nest is empty! It is not wasted time, any more than time for meals or sleep are a waste. Jesus did it; so should we!

Lord Jesus, remind me that You keep the world going, with or without me, and I need to follow your example and take time apart to have the energy and inspiration to walk in your ways.
Amen.


* play on a U2 song -- 'getting away' to their concert in a few days!
11 July Monday proper 10

No comments:

Post a Comment